Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Squirrel

Went to Squirrel with Gault and Colby today.  Weather was perfect and the temps were great for sending and sending we did. We started on a block that I had never climbed on before, one of the first as you enter the boulder field.  We did two warm ups both really cool then we headed for rebel sit v11..  Travis looked promising on it and made quick work of the mono move which is my crux but fell at the end... RATS! I was not to sure if I was gonna send because the mono move is a really big move and I had to jump too it.  Luckily I snagged the mono move on one of my last attempts and it was really easy for me from there.  I am not sure if 11 is an appropriate grade but I could see it being an 11 in some places or a 10 in others.  Grades are always a downer. Other news, we did some more exploration at the Mocanaqua boulders and found some rad new stuff.  We did a handful of climbs there that ranged from v2 to v7..  not sure on the names or specific grades but it was really fun.  Until next time.  As for me I am on a cross training diet for the next two to three days to heal a split tip I sustained from rebel. No Gunks this weekend for me but, maybe going to Gretna to send Masterpiece.

No comments: