Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mid Atlantic Revisited

Over the past few weeks I have been in contact with a few people discussing projects, boulders, new rock old classics and it got me thinking about all the great climbing that we have in the Mid Atlantic.  Its probably never gonna get covered in the media, or sprayed on 8a but thats ok with me.  I speak for many when I say "I am just trying to have a good time, whatever that means".  

Its true tho, PA, WV and MD are loaded with rock. Some good, some not so good and some world class rock.  One thing is for sure, each area is unique and each area has its own charm.  Gtown and Jtown host large quantities of high quality rock ranging in size and difficulty, Stables is the only field other than the south with easy drive up access and Elk tops my list of favorite places to climb in the country.  Not because its considered a home crag even tho its over 3hrs away but because the rock is some of the best I have climbed.  The New River Gorge is LOADED with boulders.  It makes sense tho, with all the cliffs around the area that the bouldering would be so good.  The list goes on and on.  We have a lifetime of rock, it comes down to how hard you want to look for it.

With a little research, I found a few blogs that have pics and media to areas around north west PA that I have yet to visit along with a few areas in the south west.  Once the weather cools off and I return from my adventures out west this summer I plan on checking them out.

Here is Travis Gault crushing a line at coopers rock.


1 comment:

Tsuyo said...

Motha o Awesomeness.