Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Elk in May

Over the weekend I headed back to elk... With a list of projects longer than any other area around me. It was nice to be back before the dead of summer when most of the technical hard climbing in the area is impossible.

The temps were a little warm for tuggin on the project I worked on last trip but I did manage to put some time in one a stunning black and white sandstone arete. If I had to guess a difficulty I would probably say for me it felt between 11 and 12 depending on how the top section works out. Anyway, the arete is only one of soooooo many beautiful double digit projects in the area. I cant wait to get a little stronger this summer and go back with fresh eyes this fall.

Elk continues to push me to a new level mentally and physically every time I am there. Here are some pictures from our trip all courtesy of Justin Laffey.... THANKS MAN!!









No comments: