Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

In Plain Sight


Packed up the ride Tuesday to check out a boulder in MD that could potentially have a hard project on it.  The boulder is 100 yards off the road near a small neighborhood in the suburbs of B'more.  All the moves are good and require a ton of tension. It's certainly not a stand out among the best boulders in the world but it sure is close to home and fun as hell! Steep 60 degree climbing on bad crimps takes you to a jug and an easy top out.  The boulder problem is not long, maybe 4 or 5 really hard moves.  Digger for sure ha ha ha..  3 of the moves are done off one foot and a bad toe scum.  The boulder is off kilter, which adds to the crux as you have no feet in the right place.  Came super close to the send on Tuesday, dry fired off a crimp and got sliced open.  Did I mention that it was on really bad holds? Pointless attempts after, the holds are too small and the climbing is too steep for tape on the tips.  I continued to bleed for awhile before I packed it up subscribing to the law of diminishing returns.  Decided to save it for another day....
My buddy Fernando went out yesterday and added a right start to the boulder and called it Right Hand of the Leper.  Didn't try it when I was there the other day, psyched to do that rig and finish up the left project.  Travis Gault said it best, PA (and MD for this post) Keeps on giving.
Speaking of PA, I was intending on climbing in western PA at Cole's Cove yesterday.  For those who are not familiar its a gritstone/sandstone area near Dunbar PA (south east).. Its a solid 4hr trip for me.. due to my skin situation after the massacre on tuesday I opted out of the long journey and will hopefully make it out this Thursday.  If all goes well, NRG from there.


No comments: